DLIR Digital Archive
The DLIR Archive was established as part of the Cooperative Digitization of International Research Materials (CDIRM) project. CDIRM utilized participating American overseas research centers’ (AORCs) connections to collaborate with foreign archives and special collections that hold unique and rare research materials. Selected materials from Guatemala, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Yemen, and Mongolia, aand numerous other countries where AORCs are located are made easily and freely available over the Internet to American and international scholars and students. Not only are most of these materials uncataloged, unavailable, or unknown to scholars, most are extremely difficult to access (because of location, unsettled political conditions, privacy issues, or bureaucratic procedures). The Coordinator of the Digital Library for International Research, located at the Center for Research Libraries, acts as program manager. As were the creation of the DLIR union catalog and the LALORC program, this CDIRM is funded by a 4-year matching grant from the U.S. Department of Education's Technological Innovation and Cooperation for Foreign Information Access (TICFIA) program.
Search the archive by using the search field above or by browsing through collections and individual items.
This digital presentation of photographic slides shows a representative sample of women as depicted in early Sri Lankan sculpture and painting. It is the outcome of a research study sponsored by the International Center for Ethnic Studies and funded by the Norwegian Agency for Development Corporation (NORAD) during January 1986 to May 1987. Additional support was provided by the Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner of Archaeology; the Director General and Directors of the Cultural Triangle…Read more »
Engraved map by Pierre Husson.
17 x 36.5 cm.
- Maps of the Ottoman Empire
- Women in Sri Lankan Sculpture and Painting
- American Board Periodical Collection
- American Board Personnel Card and Photo Collection
- Tod Nomin Gerel Collection
- American Board Pamphlet Collection
- Moustapha Bouchoucha Photograph Collection
- Middle East Research Journals
- Furniture and Decorative Arts of Sri Lanka
- Khmer Language Books
- Memorial records for Harriet Yarrow
- Memorial records for William Sage, Jr. Woolworth
- Memorial records for Sarah E. Woodward
- Memorial records for Alma S. Woodruff
- Memorial records for Sarah L. Wood
- Memorial records for Melvin Armin Wittler
- Memorial records for Edith Hazlett Wiley
- Memorial records for Raymond F. White
- Memorial records for George E. White
- Memorial records for George D. White