DLIR Digital Archive
The DLIR Archive was established as part of the Cooperative Digitization of International Research Materials (CDIRM) project. CDIRM utilized participating American overseas research centers’ (AORCs) connections to collaborate with foreign archives and special collections that hold unique and rare research materials. Selected materials from Guatemala, Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Yemen, and Mongolia, aand numerous other countries where AORCs are located are made easily and freely available over the Internet to American and international scholars and students. Not only are most of these materials uncataloged, unavailable, or unknown to scholars, most are extremely difficult to access (because of location, unsettled political conditions, privacy issues, or bureaucratic procedures). The Coordinator of the Digital Library for International Research, located at the Center for Research Libraries, acts as program manager. As were the creation of the DLIR union catalog and the LALORC program, this CDIRM is funded by a 4-year matching grant from the U.S. Department of Education's Technological Innovation and Cooperation for Foreign Information Access (TICFIA) program.
Search the archive by using the search field above or by browsing through collections and individual items.
The private library Beit El Bennani, owned and operated by Mohamed Bennani, partnered with Centre d’Etudes Maghrèbines á Tunis (CEMAT) to organize and digitize the Mustapha Bouchoucha photograph collection. The collection, held at the Beit El Bennani, contains 8155 images that depict people, events, views and objects primarily relating to Tunisia. Photographs of people include images of Tunisian political and cultural figures as well as people involved in the daily activities of life.
The…Read more »
Engraved map by Nicolas Bellin.
21.5 x 17.2 cm.
- Maps of the Ottoman Empire
- Women in Sri Lankan Sculpture and Painting
- American Board Periodical Collection
- American Board Personnel Card and Photo Collection
- Tod Nomin Gerel Collection
- American Board Pamphlet Collection
- Moustapha Bouchoucha Photograph Collection
- Middle East Research Journals
- Furniture and Decorative Arts of Sri Lanka
- Khmer Language Books
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 35 - Kirkuk
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 29 - Meskene
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 22 – Marash
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 45 - Mendali
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 43 - Ana
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 13 - Bayazid
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 28 - Alexandretta
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 31 - Sinjar
- Eastern Turkey in Asia : Sheet 30 - Ras-Ul-Ain